BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 29, 2010

I have become obsessed!

I love to sew.  I learned from my mother who learned from her mother.  My grandma was an amazing quilter.  I remember going to her house and frequently seeing a quilt on the frames.  When I got engaged she took me into her spare room and showed me a closet full of quilts and afghans.  She made one of each for all of her grandchildren and I got to choose which ones I wanted.  I have the quilt on my bed right now and I just love it.




I have tied many quilts and even pieced a few tops with 5" squares.  Last year I did a strip quilt for my mom but I still haven't put the border around it.  (That is another of my resolutions:  Finish the quilt!)  I have always wanted to be a quilter but I just haven't gotten around to it.  Until I found this Buggy Barn quilt on http://piecenquilt.blogspot.com and fell in love!  You know I love stars.  :)  Natalia from Piece-n-Quilt has made some amazing quilts.  I love her style.

 
Anyway, after a little bit of sleuthing I found which book this pattern was in and ordered it.  I think it is called The Three Star Quilt.  I am so excited.  I have been checking out quilting blogs, quilting guilds, thinking about quilts, visiting quilting stores and dreaming about quilts.  I am becoming obsessed.  This quilt making obsession doesn't really fit in with my Finish the House list.  I guess I will have to carve out some time once my book comes.  In the meantime, I have some caulking to do.

Just call me Starr.

3 comments:

Natalia said...

The quilt that is on your bed is beautiful! WoW!! Thanks for linking to my blog! I really like stars too! It was also nice to chat today! :)

Mindy said...

Makes me miss Bonga...

Starr said...

:( Me too.