BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Buggy Barn Quilt Class

Saturday I went to a Buggy Barn quilt class with my mother-in-law.  It was so much fun.  Each person picked their favorite Buggy Barn pattern and brought their sewing machine, fabric and supplies.  I, of course, chose the 3 Stars pattern I posted about here. 

These are the fabrics I am using:  all purples.  I had a lot of fun lining them up and seeing which ones look best together.


Buggy Barn patterns are so cool.  You just stack all of your fat quarters, trace the pattern on freezer paper and iron it on the top of the stack.

Then you cut it all apart.  (Look at that cool triangle quilt on the wall behind me.)

When you have all of the cuts made, take the top piece of each part of the star put it under the stack.  That makes a two colored block.

Now you just sew it back together, easy as pie.  One of the cool things about these patterns is the fact that you square up the block as you are sewing so nothing needs to be perfect.  I love that.

Here are all of the large star blocks.  I still have to trim most of them.  I think they look so great! 

My mother-in-law chose the maple leaf pattern.  It had 25 pieces!  I love her fabric.

Here she is with her completed block.  She did such a great job.


I still have a lot to do but did I mention it is so much fun?  I will keep you posted on my progress. 



Just call me Starr.

0 comments: