BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Family Reunion at Fairmont Hot Springs

For our last weekend before school started we met Mr. K's extended family at Fairmont Hot Springs in Montana.  The first night we spent in the huge indoor hot pools.  All of those swimming lessons paid off.  I wish I would have taken some video of K4 and K5.  They were like little fishies.  

Saturday morning Mr. K and I went for a run.  We were going to go 16 miles but it only ended up being about 12 or 13.  What we lacked in mileage, we made up for in vertical feet.  We ran to the top of one of the small mountains and it was absolutely amazing at the top.  The sun was just breaking through the clouds and we could see all around.

While Mr. K, K1 and K2 went golfing later that morning with some of the clan (K3 drove the golf cart), I went mini-golfing with the little guys.


K4 was concentrating so much that his little tongue stuck out.

I should have concentrated harder.  He beat me even though I got 2 hole-in-ones.

K5 got a hole-in-one on this one.  He was so excited!

After everyone was done golfing, my MIL (mother in law) gave out prizes.


Then things started getting really crazy.  MIL brought rubber tubing that we tied around our legs for a 3 legged race.  The first one was for fathers and daughters.  Here I am with my FIL.

Next was mothers and sons.  It was hard to turn 12 legs into 3 but we managed.

The kids had a blast.  I am not sure how many times they raced.

We got the parachute out next and it was all fun and games until...

There was jump roping and swinging and sliding and climbing on the climbing wall. Then there were birthday presents and cake for the Kboys' second cousin.

Here we are with Mr. K's brothers and cousins and their spouses.


Thanks to my MIL and FIL for the great trip!!!  We had a wonderful time.


Now back to reality.


Just call me Starr.

1 comments:

Ali said...

Alonzo really wants to go golfing with K5 sometime. We loved watching the 3 legged race videos. I liked the people that picked up the other person so they could run faster.