BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Golden Rule

A few weeks ago for family night, I gave a lesson on the Golden Rule.  It seems that we have had more fighting than usual lately and I was sick of it.  To start I pulled out a long list I had written of "Rules you have to follow."  It was long and very detailed.  I could have written more but I figured a 34" list would suffice.  I read the k-boys the rules and they didn't know what to think.  Then I asked them if they would rather follow all of those rules or just the Golden Rule.  They all voted for the Golden Rule and I congratulated myself of being Mother of the Year...


until later that week when I caught K4 kicking K5.  When I reminded him of the Golden Rule, he said, "Well he did it unto me so I am doing it unto him."  I think he is getting that eye for an eye rule mixed up with the golden one.


Just call me Starr. 

0 comments: