BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Tearing Out Tile

When we were building our house, some people that Mr. K worked with offered to come and help us with the finish work that weekend.  It sounded like a great idea - lots of extra hands, us moving in sooner, etc.  (Our families had come up several times and helped us and it was wonderful.)  I didn't have time to prepare and get everything organized for a bunch of people working on different projects simultaneously so when they came it was chaotic.  Some of them knew what they were doing and were very helpful.  Others - not so much.  I didn't get anything done except run around helping people find tools and supplies, answering questions and preventing things from being done wrong.  At least I thought I had.  Luckily they only got three down before they had to leave. 



Fast forward about 5 years later.


My awesome neighbor came and helped me with the demolition.


I salvaged the metal lathe as best as I could.


Then I plastered over it and let it dry.

Now it is ready for the tile to be put on correctly.  Maybe in another 5 years...


Just call me Starr.

0 comments: