BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Hair Cut

I've been meaning to post this...

For Wacky Hair Day at school, K4 wanted a mohawk.
Usually Mr. K gets crazy with the trimmer but he was unavailable so I had to step up.


K1 went out to the garage and came back looking like this:  (that is real spray paint btw)

Wacky hair day is on a Friday so we let them have their wacky hair for the weekend and then cut it off for the last 2 1/2 days of school.  This year K4 wanted to keep his mohawk for the summer.  I have seen several kids at the school sporting short mohawks and fauhawks so I checked the school's website to see what it said.  It just said they need to groom themselves in a neat, attractive fashion so I combed it down to the side after his shower and sent him to school.
The next thing I know, the secretary is calling to say I have to come and get him and cut his hair.  I tried to reason with her without being argumentative but she insisted.  I asked to speak to the principal but he was in a meeting.  I asked if he could go to class until the principal could call me and clarify but she said no, it would be too big of a distraction.  I have to admit here that I was pretty angry.  I calmly asked about the other kids I had seen at the school and she said that theirs were OK but K4's was too long. I asked her how long was too long and she said anything more than an inch or two.  Um, ok.  

After I hung up, I grabbed the hair cutting kit, K5 and the 2 foster kids and drove to the school.  I was worried that he was sad to be denied the opportunity to be in class with his friends but he was having a great time reading books when I got there.  We went out to the mobile salon (I accidentally typed saloon-was that Freudian?) and got to work.




K5 did a great job of documenting the haircut.


Here is the final hair do. 

Notice that I restrained my self from sticking my tongue out at the principal.  No hard feelings buddy.


Just call me Starr.

0 comments: