BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, December 2, 2011

Christmas is Coming

This year for Christmas I am giving each of the Kboys a quilt top.  I knew I wouldn't have time to finish 5 entire quilts so I adjusted my goal to something accomplishable.  (Is that even a word?)

K4 loves pirates so here is his.


It is a pattern called whirligig from a book called Fresh Quilting by Malka Dubrawsky.  I won it from a blog giveaway and it is so amazing!

K1 is a fisherman and has been since he was a tiny little boy.  That was a long time ago; he is almost 6'1".  I wanted something masculine and more grown up.  It was pretty easy.  I just took 14 fat quarters and sewed them together.

Today I appliqued the trout on.
2 down, 3 to go and 22 days left until Christmas!
 

Just call me Starr.

1 comments:

Ali said...

Great job! Keep going and you'll get it all done. You do a really good job and put a lot of thought into each one. The Kboys are going to love them.